Job Vacancies at Lambeth Palace
Lambeth Palace is the official residence and office of the Archbishop of Canterbury and Mrs Caroline Welby. Current job opportunites at Lambeth Palace are posted below.
Inter Religious Affairs Programme Officer
Location: Lambeth Palace, London
Salary: Starting salary of £27,911 rising to £30,326 upon successful completion of probation period.
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing date: 21st August 2014
Interviews: 9th September 2014
The Inter Religious Affairs Team is responsible for all aspects of relations with non-Christian religions for the Archbishop and the Church of England. The team is based at Lambeth Palace, the official residence and office of the Archbishop of Canterbury and Mrs Welby, and the Mission and Public Affairs division of the Archbishop’s Council at Church House. The team provides information, support and advice to the Archbishop and to his advisers and to the Church of England more widely.
As the Programme Officer in the Inter Religious Affairs Team, you will be responsible for developing initiatives and maintaining positive relationships with a wide range of organisations and individuals both in England and internationally. This will include undertaking specific project and communication work in line with the Archbishops priorities and working with colleagues to provide programmatic, research, relational and administrative functions.
To be considered, you will need an understanding of inter faith work as well as excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate with people at all levels and from other faiths and cultures. You must also be able to collaborate across multiple teams within the National Church Institutions, assimilate and access complex information and handle issues with discretion and diplomacy. A good knowledge of and sympathy with the Church of England and the Anglican Communion is essential.
To apply, visit: https://www.jobtrain.co.uk/prospectus/vacancies.aspx or call 0844 880 5154, quoting ref: C3734-29-1
Admin Assistant to the Bishop at Lambeth
Location: Lambeth Palace, London
Hours: 14 hours per week
Salary: £9,532 per annum, (pro rate from full time equivalent of 23,832) rising to £10,149 per annum (pro rata from the full time equivalent of £25,373) on successful completion of probation.
Contract type: Open ended (part-time)
Closing date: 28 August 2014
Interviews: 12 September 2014
- Providing administrative support to the Bishop at Lambeth (who is also Bishop to the Forces and Bishop for the Falkland Islands) and his Executive Assistant.
- Maintaining paper and electronic filling. Bringing forward systems as well as ensuring the safe and secure storage of confidential material.
- Assisting with managing the Bishop's diary, including booking rooms and hospitality; receiving visitors as required on behalf of the Bishop at Lambeth; and making travel arrangements.
- Good communication skills both oral and written, including a confident telephone manner.
- Well organised, methodical and the ability to cope with conflicting priorities.
- Ability to relate to people at all levels and work well as a member of team.
To apply, visit: https://www.jobtrain.co.uk/prospectus/vacancies.aspx