Job Vacancies at Lambeth Palace
Lambeth Palace is the official residence and office of the Archbishop of Canterbury and Mrs Caroline Welby. Current job opportunities at Lambeth Palace are posted below.
Administration Assistant Apprentice
The National Institutions of the Church of England
The position offers a unique chance to learn and develop basic administration skills and practice in an interesting environment close to the heart of Government in Westminster. There may also be exciting opportunities to work across various departments in Lambeth Palace and gain further experience in a range of portfolios.
- Receiving, opening, logging and distributing the Archbishop's post.
- Assisting in inputting a range of data on a records database.
- Scanning and photocopying correspondence.
- Maintaining paper and electronic filing systems ensuring the safe and secure storage of confidential material.
- Acknowledging letters and emails, and responding to correspondence where appropriate.
- Answering telephone enquiries, making phone calls, taking messages where necessary and referring the caller through to the appropriate person.
- General office management assistance, including updating documentation, procurement of supplies, and systems maintenance and support.
- Providing general administrative support to the Correspondence Team and the Records Manager.
- Providing back-up support to the Reception Desk.
- Assisting with internal communication, such as drafting newsletters and taking minutes at meetings.
- Assisting with the upkeep of internal documents, such as staff and telephone lists.
Requirements and prospects
- A good level of verbal and written skills.
- A good level of problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good computer skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience of MS Word, Outlook or email and the Internet.
- Previous administration experience
- Able to represent the organisation professionally.
- A willingness to learn new skills.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Flexible approach to work.
- GCSE's or equivalent, including A - C Maths and English.
- Experience of Excel and Access databases.
May be offered a permanent role after apprenticeship
Things to consider
Hours of Duty: Normal hours of work are 35 per week, Monday to Friday with an hour's unpaid break for lunch.
Annual Leave: 25 days paid leave per leave year. This is exclusive of public holidays and additional holidays approved by your employer.
Season Ticket Loan: Staff are eligible to apply for an interest-free travel season ticket loan for their journey to and from work.
Contract: The post is offered on a 12 month, fixed-term contract, subject to a one-month probationary period.
From the 1st October 2016 The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.40 per hour. From April 2017 this rises to £3.50 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Please visit and Apply directly through the Government Apprenticeship Website
Executive Assistant to the Assistant Chief of Staff
|Salary:||£28,882 - £31,382|
|Job Type:||NCI Grade 5|
|Vacancy Group:||Lambeth Palace|
|Category:||Secretarial and Administrative|
This is an exciting opportunity to join a key office in the Archbishop of Canterbury’s staff. The Assistant Chief of Staff works in close cooperation with the Chief of Staff and Strategy to ensure the efficient delivery of operational and project plans and objectives in support of the wider team at Lambeth Palace.
In this new role, the Executive Assistant will manage the day-to-day administration of the Assistant Chief of Staff’s office, liaise closely with the wider Lambeth Palace team and help the Assistant Chief of Staff in coordinating the activities of the Archbishop’s senior leadership team, including with the documentation of this work. In addition, the Executive Assistant will provide special project assistance to other Lambeth Palace team areas, as directed by the Assistant Chief of Staff.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, be highly organised and methodical, with the ability to cope with conflicting priorities, as well as able to demonstrate good judgement. In addition, they will be highly discreet and diplomatic, demonstrate excellent attention to detail, be forward thinking with effective planning skills and able to work calmly under pressure.”
To find out more and apply, visit: https://webrecruitment.churchofengland.org/wrl/pages/vacancy.jsf?latest=01001182