Job Vacancies at Lambeth Palace
Lambeth Palace is the official residence and office of the Archbishop of Canterbury and Mrs Caroline Welby. Current job opportunities at Lambeth Palace are posted below.
HEAD OF MEDIA RELATIONS TO THE ARCHBISHOP OF CANTERBURY
Salary: £50,604 rising to £53,662 upon successful completion of probationary period
A very competitive benefits package is also offered with this appointment including 30 days paid annual leave per annum plus bank holidays, three additional NCI holidays, an excellent pensions package and an interest-free season ticket loan.
Location: Lambeth Palace, London SE1 7JU
Contract type: Permanent, 35 hours per week
The new role of Head of Media Relations is designed to work alongside the Director of Communications in overseeing the day-to-day operational work of the communications team. In particular the post holder will be expected to communicate the Archbishop of Canterbury's key priorities and messages throughout the year.
To assist the Director of Communications in establishing a proactive communications office and provide strategic and operational advice to the Archbishop of Canterbury and senior colleagues at Lambeth Palace and Church House.
- Continuing the change in the culture of the media team away from a reactive corporate press office to a proactive, digitally-focussed communications office.
- Assisting the Director of Communications in managing the press office on an operational basis.
- Monitoring all forms of media to ensure any inaccuracies or errors are rebutted immediately.
- Implementing systems to ensure appropriate measurement of output and throughput from the team, including reactive work to media enquiries and proactive work involving media placement.
- Responsible for day-to-day news diary and stories, proactively taking a lead with senior colleagues at Lambeth Palace.
- Take responsibility for the media planning of all the Archbishop's diocesan visits and accompany the Archbishop.
- Track record of strategic communications
- Proactive approach with ability to spot news stories prior to publication
- Ability to work under pressure, often to changing and simultaneous deadlines
- Able to represent the Archbishop of Canterbury effectively and with confidence
- Understand and help develop the Archbishop's priorities
- Experience of crisis management
- Ability to operate independently and deputise for the Director of Communications.
Please send a full CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org of the closing date. Please note that CV's sent without a covering letter, or CV's sent alone will not be considered.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0207 898 1171.
Closing date: Friday 30th September, 2016 at 9:30am.
Interviews: To be confirmed.