Job Vacancies at Lambeth Palace
Lambeth Palace is the official residence and office of the Archbishop of Canterbury and Mrs Caroline Welby. Current job opportunities at Lambeth Palace are posted below.
Archbishop of Canterbury's Requests Officer
Salary - £28,399 p.a. rising to £30,857 p.a. upon successful completion of probationary period
Contract type - Permanent, 35 hours per week
Location - Lambeth Palace, London SE1 7JU
To receive, evaluate and respond to requests for the Archbishop's time and make recommendations about incoming requests for time in the Archbishop's diary, consulting as necessary about them within an overall framework of priorities appropriate to any given period; as well as to manage the administration of Ecclesiastical Patronage on behalf of the Archbishop.
- Dealing with all requests for the Archbishop's time (correspondence, research, consultation, presentation of requests to the Archbishop and Mrs Welby at a weekly meeting, advising all concerned of the decisions taken)
- Manage and train an Administrative Assistant Apprentice in the Correspondence and Records team (the new Apprentice is due to begin in January).
- Advise and liaise with diocesan authorities, including Bishops, Archdeacons and Diocesan Registrars, in the area of Ecclesiastical Patronage.
- Manage and process each case on behalf of the Archbishop until an appointment to the living has been made, within a strict time-frame. A sensitive approach and excellent communication skills are required, especially with the people representing the parish.
- Good educational background, to at least Degree level standard or equivalent.
- Proven secretarial experience, particularly handling large volumes of correspondence.
- Previous experience of dealing with an extremely changeable, busy diary.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
Closing date: 17th December, 2015
Interviews: 6th January, 2015
How to apply:
To apply, please visit:
Please note, if you have not heard from us within 3 days of the interview date, you have been unsuccessful in your application.